The purpose of this role is to work directly with children and young people as part of a team to achieve the aims set out in the Statement of Purpose and in accordance with statutory requirements.
The role carries significant responsibility for welfare of the children and young people we support, this includes delivering high quality care and being accountable for the service you provide.
General duties and responsibilities
- Acting ethically, with integrity and empathy as well as a commitment to working towards these values
- Have a strong commitment to safeguarding and working inclusively
- Knowledge, empathy, and awareness of the issues faced by young people and an understanding of how this may affect behaviour
- Act as a role model, be able to empower, motivate and support staff as well as young people
- Constantly strive to promote company values and high standards of professional practice
- Be confident in supporting young people with emotional behavioural difficulties and managing behaviour that may challenge
- Work in partnership with parents, carers, and other professionals to safeguard and promote the welfare of young people
- To ensure a caring, supportive, and nurturing environment in which children and young people can feel secure and free from harm and actively strive to maintain this environment
- To bring to the attention of the Registered Manager, any potential or actual safeguarding concerns, malpractice or evidence which may suggest it
- Ensure the rights of children are protected, young people are heard, and their views, wishes and feelings are considered, respected, and documented
- To ensure that all parts of the environment are appropriate and sensitive to the specificneeds of the children and young people
Download the below forms for more details